This week on the Poker Central Podcast, Brent Hanks and Remko Rinkema are joined by Molly Bloom! Remko finally gets around to telling his Post Malone story, Brent dives deep into John Cynn’s insane plays and Randall Emmett’s antics, and we try to figure out whether Phil Ivey is the latest player to start a bankroll challenge!
- 3:30 – Today on the podcast: Molly Bloom, recapping the Masters of the Main on Poker After Dark, looking forward to the Poker Masters, and the start of EPT Barcelona.
- 5:22 – Finally! Remko tells the story of partying with Post Malone.
- 22:35 – Blackouts are now lifted for the Big One for One Drop and WSOP Main Event final table, Remko explains and Brent still doesn’t understand how it works!
- 25:10 – Brent Hanks recaps the Masters of the Main on Poker After Dark featuring John Cynn shoving the first 12 hands, how much of Randall Emmett’s antics can we really handle, what’s the deal with ‘The Bullpen’, and is ‘running it twice’ getting out of hand?
- 36:20 – Previewing the Poker Masters: Running through the PokerGO streaming schedule, the short deck event, the $100k Main Event, and Brent Hanks picks three players that he believes are going to perform well.
- 42:27 – Bankroll Challenges! Doug Polk turns $100 into $10k, Charlie Carrel is trying to run $50 up to $10k, and is Phil Ivey going to try to win $10.1 million?
- 48:08 – The Phil Ivey Bankroll Challenge! (Or is he just still in trouble because of that Borgata lawsuit?)
- 51:40 – EPT Barcelona is now underway! Does Brent Hanks even know where Spain is located?
- 54:11 – Molly’s Game! Brent and Remko run through their favorite poker movies, share their thoughts on Molly’s Game, introduce the story of Molly Bloom, and Bloom’s appearance at Unibet Open Bucharest where she was invited to take part in the #QueenRules Ladies Event that promotes challenging gender bias and gender inequality.
- 59:20 – The start of the interview with Molly Bloom.
- 1:00:20 – Does Molly play poker herself? Does she have ambition as a player?
- 1:03:11 – Reflecting back on running some of the biggest games in the world for 10 years, what she’s learned from that, and whether she’d do it again looking back at it?
- 1:06:52 – Being a part of the QueenRules event at Unibet Open Bucharest and Molly’s involvement and dedication to fighting gender biases.
- 1:09:40 – Did women play in Molly’s high stakes games, and what has the response been from women watching and learning more about her story?
- 1:12:10 – The value of money, disconnecting from that value and relearning what the value of money is after losing it all.
Has this gotten you excited to watch Poker After Dark? Subscribe to PokerGO right now to enjoy more than 100 days of live poker action every single year, as well as an extensive on-demand library that includes event replays of all our live events and a plethora of original content such as Pokerography, Super High Roller Club, Poker Nights and Dead Money.