Welcome to the new and improved Poker Central Podcast! Dressed up in a different format, we present to you the flop, the turn, and the river.
Each week Brent Hanks, Will O'Connor and Remko Rinkema break down the most important topics in poker, go over the biggest winners and bring a guest on the show to talk about their life and career.
- 0:00 - Remko introduces the new podcast format.
- 2:22 - The Flop: Starting with a breakdown of the action in the high stakes live-streamed cash game in Montreal put on by partypoker featuring Leon Tsoukernik and Aussie Matt Kirk. Are Kirk and Tsoukernik best friends again? Is the lawsuit still ongoing? The guys try to figure it out as pots worth hundreds of thousands of dollars exchanged hands.
- 8:20 - Breaking down Phil Galfond's latest blog about his start-up poker client "Run it Once." Galfond told the world that his poker website will not allow for HUDs to be used, all play will be anonymous and we dive into what their "dynamic avatars" will do for the game.
- 15:09 - Maria Ho and Lupe Soto are inducted into the "Women in Poker Hall of Fame." We discuss Maria Ho's career and whether she'll be in line to make it into the other Hall of Fame as well, and Brent Hanks shares some breaking news on the upcoming Poker After Dark lineups.
- 20:15 - The Turn: Remko breaks down the latest results from EPT Monte Carlo, Justin Bonomo's amazing run, and you get to listen to previews from podcasts we recorded with both Maria Ho and Jorryt van Hoof.
- 32:11 - The River: Brent Hanks and Will O'Connor are joined by Tom Marchese to talk about a variety of topics.
- 35:35: - Brent Hanks offers a formal apologie to the entire country of Germany, followed by a deep dive into swapping, selling action and the potential of collusion and cheating in high roller tournaments.
- 58:20 - A game of word association with Tom Marchese!
- 1:11:15 - A taste test, comparing Chik-Fil-A and Wendy's, after Allen Kessler took shots at Wendy's on Twitter.
Looking for live and on-demand poker action? Make sure to subscribe right now to PokerGO and never miss another big event. The entire 2014 WSOP Main Event is now available on PokerGO, as well as a variety of high stakes cash game action including the Super High Roller Cash Game and all Poker After Dark seasons.
Music on the podcast is provided by our good friends Leroy Townes.