Poker Hall of Fame member and winner of 10 WSOP bracelets, Doyle Brunson, recently announced his retirement from poker. On this podcast, you can listen to his peers and friends discussing whether this is the last we’ve seen of Texas Dolly, and how he should be remembered.
- Starting with an introduction, this podcast is fully focused on Doyle Brunson’s last ever event at the World Series of Poker.
- 2:55 – Painting the picture of Doyle’s final two days inside the Amazon Room, competing for his eleventh WSOP bracelet, and an introduction to the players interviewed for this show.
- 6:09 – The interview with Doyle Brunson that sparked a flurry of articles on his retirement. Read the Poker Central article right here.
- 12:21 – Phil Ivey speaks on the iconic status of Doyle Brunson in the game of poker.
- 14:05 – Poker agent Brian Ballsbaugh speaks on a standing lunch he has with Doyle and Jack Binion, as well as talking on the phone with his wife Louise.
- 16:03 – Head of the production at PokerGO, and a poker legend in his own right, Mori Eskandani, speaks on meeting Doyle for the very first time in Lake Tahoe, and the gravity of the moment as Doyle was on his way to make the final table in the $10,000 No Limit 2-7 Single Draw event.
- 19:36 – Paul Volpe and Dario Sammartino, two young and very successful players, spoke on the unique experience of playing against Doyle in his last ever WSOP event.
- 22:28 – At the end of Day 2 of the tournament, Brian Rast spoke on playing against Doyle in Bobby’s Room, and the sad reality of Doyle also departing from the high stakes cash games at the end of the summer.
- 26:36 – Another conversation with Doyle about playing on the final day of the $10,000 No Limit 2-7 Single Draw tournament, and the responses he’s gotten since announcing his retirement.
- 29:37 – Phil Galfond talks about playing against Doyle Brunson in high stakes mixed games, and how good he must’ve been in his heyday.
- 31:44 – Brian Rast wins the final tournament at the WSOP Doyle Brunson entered, and he speaks on the importance of this moment, Doyle’s legacy and the respect he has for his game and his person.
- 37:06 – Long-time friend and rival, Eli Elezra, talks about playing with Doyle in the biggest cash games in the world, playing Chinese poker against him, and whether or not he believes that he will actually retire.
- 43:04 – Poker Hall of Fame member Mike Sexton talks about betting big with Doyle on the golf course, his legendary status, and not believing that this is the last we’ve seen of the Godfather of Poker.
Want to watch more of Doyle Brunson in action? Subscribe right now to PokerGO and enjoy more than 100 days of live poker action, as well as more than 50 hours of Brunson playing in some of the highest stakes games.