This week on the Heads Up with Remko podcast it's Spanish young gun Adrian Mateos who tells the story of his life in the game of poker.
- 2:21 - The 2017 Player of the Year honors, setting it as a goal and being able to complete it.
- 3:55 - Adrian proudest victory, the WSOP Europe Main Event which allowed him to live and play what he wanted.
- 6:12 - Finding the game at age 16, and quickly becoming one of the best players in Spain.
- 8:54 - The difference between studying and learning the game in Spain versus being a part of the global English-speaking community.
- 11:50 - Carlos Mortensen, his popularity, chasing him on the Spanish all-time money list and becoming Number 1.
- 14:55 - Why and how $5 million in cashes doesn't corresponds directly with the profit Adrian takes home.
- 18:15 - The life-changing aspects of winning a million euros in 2013 at age 18, jumping in the deep end with high roller events and growing as a player.
- 21:05 - The perception is his success by friends, family and the media in Spain.
- 23:15 - The first time in Las Vegas, playing the Main Event a few days after his birthday, thinking back to watching the biggest event in the world before he was able to participate and winning bracelets.
- 29:00 - What's next for Adrian Mateos?
- 31:50 - The Big One for One Drop in 2018, will we see Adrian participate?
- 33:50 - The video game rating of Adrian Mateos, in line with a tradition that Bryn Kenney started on the podcast.
- 37:20 - Going up against 'The Germans', a strong collection of players that shares information and helps each other reach new heights, versus what the Spanish high roller players are up to these days.
- 40:32 - GTO vs exploitative, the future of poker in Spain and being called "The Conquistador".
- 44:59 - 2018, The Bahamas, Miami, US Poker Open and not getting into non-hold'em games just yet.
- 48:38 - Quick questions! Partying after a big win, renting a big villa in Ibiza, and his drink of choice.
Tune into PokerGO for a chance to watch Adrian Mateos play during the U.S. Poker Open. The series runs through February 11th, with a daily live-stream with the exception of Super Bowl Sunday. Sign up now for PokerGO and use the promo code REMKO for $10 off the annual subscription.