Heads Up with Remko starts the new year with the first guest from the last year! Daniel Negreanu joins the show to talk about 2017, his goals, his challenges and a new list of things he has his mind set on for 2018.
- 3:03 - Daniel's New Years festivities and some Las Vegas Golden Knights talk.
- 5:25 - Why be open about your numbers, tournament ROI, buy-ins and both profit and losses?
- 9:10 - Reflecting on his game, his best years and the crazy year that was 2004 when he won everything.
- 12:58 - How to pick the events he wants to play for 2018, and when did he reach the point of not having to grind the entire circuit anymore? (And how that failed!)
- 15:53 - Comparing himself to today's young gun, how good are they really, the motivation to improve and his first big result at Bellagio after implementing more GTO into his game.
- 20:40 - Implementing GTO into his playing style, and how he improved.
- 26:24 - Looking back on 2017's goals, and which achievements define his legacy in the game?
- 33:28 - Daniel Negreanu's book of physical tells, and looking at staying on top of the all-time money list.
- 37:40 - Chasing Phil Hellmuth on the WSOP all-time cashes list, and how important profiting is on a year-to-year basis.
- 46:15 - The US Poker Open, and whether some of the Hold'em specialists might dabble in the non-Hold'em formats.
- 52:40 - Studying poker in 2018, and the drive to constantly get better and evolve even after decades of play.
- 57:40 - PHIL IVEY UPDATE.
- 59:30 - The Bahamas, Kevin Hart, Usain Bolt, and PokerStars spending big to attract new players.
Want to see Daniel in action during the US Poker Open? Sign up now to PokerGO, and take use the promo code REMKO for $20 off the annual subscription.