Twitch streamer, poker pro, vlogger, and #UltimateSweat winner Jaime Staples joins the podcast to talk about his crazy 2017, and the prop bet that will make his 2018 potentially ever crazier.
- 2:30 - Start of the interview with Jaime Staples, and why celebrating winning the #UltimateSweat for $150,000 didn't last all too long!
- 3:55 - How did the #UltimateSweat come together: Betting $3,000 at 50:1 to win $150,000 for getting to within 1lbs of their body weight with Bill Perkins.
- 6:15 - Talking through the first bet, how to approach it and what the plan was.
- 8:28 - Completing the first year, losing a lot of weight and Jaime learned from this experience.
- 11:06 - The content aspect on YouTube, Twitch and Twitter during the Ultimate Sweat, and the weigh-in during Run it Up! Reno.
- 14:40 - The response from friends and family, during and after winning the prop bet that brought in $150,000 for Jaime and his brother Matt.
- 17:50 - The interest from Good Morning America, Barstool Sports and other mainstream media in the prop bet.
- 19:55 - The communication with Bill Perkins, and how the second year of the #UltimateSweat came together, getting below 10% body fat.
- 24:11 - What will 2018 look like for Jaime and Matt, and how will they achieve getting below 10% body fat?
- 26:10 - Why prop betting is important to achieve big goals like this, and why it is totally fine to find motivation externally.
- 29:10 - Is Jaime Staples still a poker player first?
- 33:12 - The response from the Twitch community to his #UltimateSweat challenge, and how Jaime Staples got his start on Twitch.
- 38:20 - What are the most important factors for success on Twitch?
- 44:30 - Setting goals as a poker player, studying and getting better as a pro.
- 48:00 - Vlogging and content plans during Year 2 of the Ultimate Sweat.
- 50:11 - Jaime shares advice on how he improved his health, and what he recommends other people that want to get healthier.
- 53:25 - Aside from another year focussed on health, what are Jaime's other goals for 2018?
If you're new to PokerGO, please subscribe right now and use the promo code REMKO for $10 off the annual subscription. PokerGO offers more than 100 days of live poker action as well as an extensive on-demand library that includes all season of Poker After Dark, the World Series of Poker from 2017, 2016 and 2015, and all three editions of the Super High Roller Bowl.