This week on Heads Up with Remko we talk to Maria Ho about her broadcasting career, staying at the top of her game and her induction into the Women in Poker Hall of Fame.
- 2:40 - Maria Ho talks about doing commentary for EPT Monte Carlo, playing some side events and missing out on playing some big events due to her broadcasting role.
- 6:16 - Maria's broadcasting game, how did she get good at it and what goes into interviewing and providing poker commentary.
- 10:07 - The pressure of doing commentary on a big buy-in event, differing commentary styles and whether or not there's room for banter.
- 12:45 - GTO. Triggered! How does Maria Ho approach studying and getting better at poker?
- 16:45 - Is there a difference between the enjoyment of playing and studying poker when comparing the GTO-era with when Maria started playing poker?
- 20:40 - How does the viewing experience change for a fan as poker becomes more and more GTO at the highest level?
- 24:26 - What's Maria Ho's preferred game and format, and what does she feel is her video game poker rating?
- 28:00 - What kind of goals and success do Maria chase, and when can we see her celebrate a WSOP bracelet or WPT title win?
- 32:20 - Do Maria's poker results reflect her volume, study, and luck proportionally, and what was her worst bad beat or most painful tournament memory?
- 41:26 - Maria's experiences on televised tournaments and cash games, most notably playing in a high stakes cash game session on Poker After Dark where she felt a serious adrenaline rush.
- 49:40 - Maria on her induction into the Women in Poker Hall of Fame.
- 55:45 - What are small improvements the poker community can focus on in order for the game to be more inviting for women?
- 1:00:40 - Would a woman winning the WSOP Main Event make a big difference for poker's popularity among women?
- 1:04:25 - Main Event Whisperer Maria Ho talks about his summer plans: Sideline reporting at the Super High Roller Bowl, playing on Poker After Dark in the PokerGO Studio, playing a full WSOP schedule and heading to Seattle for the Mobile Masters.
Want to watch Maria Ho in action? On-demand episodes of her appearance on Poker After Dark are now available on PokerGO, as well as her upcoming appearances on Poker After Dark, and as a sideline reporter during the Super High Roller Bowl. Looking to learn more about Maria Ho? Subscribe now to PokerGO now and watch the Pokerography feature on her life and career.